Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Brainstorming

I need you petrichor on a hot day.

It draws me out into the wild,

rain dashing against the window in large urgent drops of life.

The smell, gets deep down into my psyche,

Recalled to life, famous words read as I sit snuggly in my room. Recalled, recalled,

Out there is the dashing of the rain

it permeates the nostrils, it enters your psyche.

you are a part of it, it is a part of you,

you have tasted, you have thirsted,

Soaring in the sky, the everlasting dews

dash against the ground, brown and green hues.

Permeating scent, recalled to life your brow

I must go mad, as I sit here I am tearing at the walls, captivity, death

The rain mocks my plight as it dashes against the window pane,

the scent lingers, it enters, the scent of rain.

I am owned by the earth, the sunlight, the sky,

each bestows upon me its gift.

Drops of dew, large drops, rolling downward to sink into

the ground, enter here, renew me!

It is a call, a call, a maddness, as the branches

sway.

Give way, give way, I must join, I must heed!

I must, I must, don't leave,

don't leave.

The scent lingers, and I am a thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment