Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Give me Life

I want to drink the sweet nectar of life.

I am a seeker of thrills, yet I am no fool.

Lay in the emerald grasses, breath in the scent of radiant wildflowers, reds, blues, pink and purple hues.

Run up the hill, to feel my heart beating, the adrenaline pumping, endorphin seeking.

Plunge myself headlong into the cold stream to come up gasping for air.

Crescendo's, staccato, mystical flutes, battles of sound, reverberation all around.

Calypso, voices, pounding on drums

Beautiful cords, harmonica hums.

Rhythm and blues, rock and roll, anything that has some soul.

Vibrant, resonating, beautiful taste.

Strawberries ripened in the sun,

Fresh cool watermelon on my tongue.

Peaches, plums, tangerines, sweet peas, sweet corn, sweet, fresh, devour in haste.

Anything that is full of life and harmony, undiluted, a simple melody.

Life

Come on and feel it, come on and taste it, embrace it. Soak in the sounds, the sights, the textures.

Run your hand over everything, bushes and vines, mosses and twine, rose petals, snails, pick up intricate shells.

Shells with their ridges, ever turning into eternity.

Give me fresh food to eat, give me life so sweet, words and song, humanities throng.

I want to live

10 comments:

  1. With a wonderful write like this I'm sure you will "Live". I enjoyed the read very much.

    Yvonne/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, "life's imagery" very well expressed here. You've put life into these otherwise just words. Good on you! Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you used mainly concrete images. It makes the piece more physical, the sensations more real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie- but never just a touch foolish? OK. I love your thought pattern here. everything bright and full of life and hope. A delicious buffet. Thanks for putting it out. ~rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne, so glad you enjoyed this piece. Thank you for the comment.

    Ajey, that's what I like to do. ;D

    Time ;D (I'm coming to your blog to find out what to call you) thank you for the comment.

    Rick, I gotta laugh at that comment... ;D

    A touch foolish yes, but what else have we to do in order to live?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! you are amazing , hope you realize that.
    TY SG, this write brought me back to life, sigh, what a trip, to smell, to touch, to taste, feel, Ty. I call this one. Delicious, life of a strawberry DELIGHT :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. My senses were challenged from this poem of yours... I tried to see, hear, taste and experience each line.

    Calypso, voices, pounding on drums

    Peaches, plums, tangerines, sweet peas, sweet corn, sweet, fresh, devour in haste.

    Ah... imagery overload. I felt the natural "high"

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey SG you can call me Time if you want. Makes me feel important. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the question, isn't it? How to live? How to do it right? Honestly? Fully?

    And everyone's answer is different. Mine is different on any given day. Indulgence, wherever we can, there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you paint a vivid, beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete