Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Fall of Man

The truth, the moment I held you,

though you tried to hide it.

Sweet perfume, an earring,

clues hiding in your kiss,

the truth on your lips.

Suspicion

Nothing, nothing was so powerful,

as the electricity in your embrace,

negative ions, repulsion.

I knew

The truth, eternally fought for and found.

The truth revealed, can it be hid?

Call forth the wisdom of the gods, call forth the idols, ashamed.

Bow down and worship, for I cannot be found amongst your possessions.

I see you in blurry eyed visions of the night, I see you as you leave

Give my heart back to me, give me back my soul, for this I plead.

I fell

In the dark hour, is the fall of man,

not alone fell he,

over the edge, into the sea

the fall of man, was the fall of me!

9 comments:

  1. Was this published in the wake of Mike's thoughts on childbirth? Sorry. It is indeed a great piece, but I just had to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really good read for me, SG. dominoes. no one falls alone. a lot of passion here. be well. ~rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what an empty feeling, as if your own foundation has disintegrated under your feet.

    The violent blow, the unexpected crumble.

    Powerful piece, SG. Made my heart hurt to read it, which is what it's supposed to do. Loved the pain of reading this.

    ananji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with Rick. This has a lot of passion in it. And, that is a characteristic of a good poet. Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SG your an open book, novels I want to take to bed and read and read.. passionate, heartfelt, many emotions..
    SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  6. FishHawk, well, you know... any guy who is brave (*cough* stupid) enough to challenge women on the subject of childbirth deserves a good amount of whiplash.

    Rick, thank you it is a real compliment to have your readership. I consider you to be an excellent writer and you always seem to get to the meaning of the piece.

    JM, your site is interesting. I like to learn about other cultures, the history of Fillipino poetry is truely remarkable.

    Ananji, perhaps you more than anyone understand where I am coming from. Plus you write such beautiful poetry that I am amazed.

    Ajey, your encouragement means a lot to me. I am finding out more and more how excellent you are at writing. I like your puzzling songs. ;D

    Darla, right back at you. I love your art!!

    Inky, now that is a really flattering comment, thank you so much. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I just had to laugh at this comment.
    FishHawk, well, you know... any guy who is brave (*cough* stupid) enough to challenge women on the subject of childbirth deserves a good amount of whiplash.
    she has such humour as well LOL. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow- powerful, inspiring and scary too
    beautiful writing xx

    ReplyDelete