Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another bit of Poetry

Here is another lovely piece from my book of poetry...

NEVER GIVE UP

Never give up! There's a rainbow bending
Over the path so dark and steep,
And all of the rain that God is sending
Is for harvests of love you shall some day
reap.

Never give up! There's a blessing hidden
Deep in the heart of every woe-
Some happy day it will rise unbidden
As crocus blooms after winter snow.

Never give up! There's a bright star shining
Somewhere in the depths of the darkest night
And the darkest clouds show their silver
lining
When hope returns with the morning
light.

-Vincent Godfrey Burns

2 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly, Never Give Up,
    those words kept me going in my days
    of deep despair.
    Lovely poem, enjoyed the read.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Optimistic, this one. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete