Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Numb

Numb

Numb

Numb, another one

No really, another one?

It has just begun, just begun, it cannot really be another one.

NO, NO, NO

It cannot happen, I will not let it, what can work,

can anything work to stop this? Can it?

I will try It , anything, anything

Bring me herbs, doctors, voodoo magic

Stop, stop, stop this please

Please

Please

Naïve girl

This one

This one

This

Can still happen

Even if

You are numb

*This piece is connected with this piece

http://creativelywritten.blogspot.com/2009/06/missing-angel.html

4 comments:

  1. i have a poem similar to this. its such a crummy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loren, I have to admit... I read many of your poems and thought, geez this girl is thinking many similar thoughts to my own... how surreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW !!! you are full of happy surprises lol. But then , I am not , because you are so talented..
    It kind of reminded me of a song by
    pink Floyd.. called comfortably numb


    There is no pain you are receding
    A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
    You are only coming through in waves.
    Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, I second Inky on this one! Muwah!

    ReplyDelete